Tuesday, February 1, 2011

No kids and no cake.

We just went to our very first Wilton cake decorating class.  As much as I love my kids' noses in my cake business and tripping over my feet in the kitchen, it was quite pleasant to get away.  I can't speak for Robin, but I for one am glad it was just cookies today because I don't feel obligated to post pictures!  The highlight for me was when our teacher came over and showed my cookie to the class as she very sweetly said,

 "There is no such thing as an ugly cake or just one way to decorate.  I am here to teach you a technique so I need to show you how to do it a certain way...but I am not saying it's the right way nor that you have an ugly cookie {cue the sidelong glance and longish pause} and I really encourage creativity; the important thing here is to be consistent with {cue the ~possibly imagined?~ briefly raised eyebrows} whatever it is you are doing."

Well, anyhoo, I was kind of happy with my neon green baby slug border. 

Jacobi 

No comments:

Post a Comment